Liberation Drum Circles is equal parts community music school, peace and justice circle, fertile ground, and cultural group.
Our Five Tangibles: PLAYS
- Percussion: We believe in drumming in community as a way to build bridges amongst people, and heal the world.
- Liberation: We are committed to defending the human rights of the oppressed in the struggle for collective liberation.
- Activism: We recognize that we are the change makers the world needs and that activism is our duty.
- Youth: We recognize youth as an integral part of humanity. We celebrate, center and cherish youth.
- Singing: We are committed to singing for ourselves, for those who cannot sing, and for those who have been silenced.
Led monthly at NYU Steinhardt by Martin Urbach.